make illegal payments to in exchange for favors or influence
- Grease ones palms: I bought my friend’s old laptop for a cheap price.
- Grease ones palms: The politician was accused of greasing the palms of officials to win the contract.
- Grease ones palms: The businessman offered a bribe to grease the palms of the customs officer and avoid paying import taxes.
- Grease ones palms: The celebrity was caught greasing the palms of paparazzi to get more favorable coverage.
- Grease ones palms: The athlete was rumored to have greased the palms of the judges to secure a higher score.